Last week Phillipa of the World on a Platter blog awarded me The Lovely Blog Award. An absolutely charming blog hosted by a mom and her two kids, World on a Platter chronicles food, journeys and growing up. Thank you so much, Phillipa, I really appreciate it, and look forward to following your blog.
And if that’s not enough, just today I was awarded the Illuminating Blogger Award by C.J. over at Food Stories, a great healthy eating blog that I’m very excited to get to know better. Thank you so much C.J. If you’re into food that doesn’t try to kill you I highly recommend you check out Food Stories. At the very least you’ll get some great healthy recipes out of it.
Wow. I’m humbly racking up quite a few award badges over here on the right side of my blog, which is great, except I’m running out of bloggers to pass the award on to.
For the Lovely Blog Award award I’m supposed to share seven things about myself and forward the award on to 15 bloggers. For the Illuminating Blogger Award my task is to share one thing about myself and give the award to five bloggers. Being the lazy slug that I am I’m going to cheat and combine both.
So here are seven things about me that few people (but now you all) know:
- I’ve never liked ice cream or beer, so don’t ever offer me a Corona float.
- I’ve seen a live taping of The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson. Yes, I AM that old.
- I own a 1978 Jeep Wagoneer with only 62,000 original miles on it. (And yes, it runs and it’s paid for. In fact, my son drives it to school everyday.)
- I was one of 10 finalists in the 1992 Southern California Comedy Competition. No, I didn’t win. (I’m just about over it, but not quite, so best not to bring it up at cocktail parties.)
- I can still do a cartwheel. (But then I have to ice my groin for a minimum of 17 minutes.)
- I’ve been able to keep a poinsettia alive for two and a half years, even though I live at 7,000 feet and there’s snow on the ground six months out of the year. (Luckily, you don’t have to water a poinsettia that much.)
- I once rode in the Tecate-Ensenada Bike Race, which is 75-miles through Baja California, Mexico. I completed it in five and a half hours. I would’ve finished sooner but I got a flat and had to wait for someone to come along and fix it for me. (I will only go so far when roughing it.)
And as for sharing the love with 15 bloggers, I’m afraid the most I can muster up is five. So for you five lucky bloggers consider yourself each the winner of BOTH the Lovely Blog Award AND the Illuminating Blogger Award:
Okay, that’s six. So I can’t count. Now you know why I don’t work in a bank (among other reasons).
I urge you to check out these six blogs (as well as the two that gave me the awards in the first place), and then follow them if you so desire. And to you six winners, if I already gave you awards for something else in the past, please accept these NEW ONES as a bonus. Okay? Now you get to list seven things about yourself and come up with (up to) 15 bloggers that you want to share with the world (don’t cheat like I did — do as I say, not as I do). In this case you get two for the price of one. What a great way to start your weekend, right?
Did you like this post? If so, please click on the banner below to vote for me as a Top Mommy Blogger on TopMommyBlogger.com. I don’t win anything except a higher search engine ranking, plus bragging rights to my kids that I’m not as dorky as they think. (Okay, well maybe I am that dorky, but at least I’ll be easier to find on the Web.)
Stacy Dymalski is a stand-up comic who gave up the glamorous life of coach travel, smokey comedy clubs, and heckling drunks for the glamourous life of raising kids (who happen to be bigger hecklers than the drunks). This blog is her new stage.
For more of Stacy’s comedy check out her hilarious book Confessions of a Band Geek Mom available in paperback and on Kindle on Amazon.com.